Pumpkin Spice Muffins
These Pumpkin Spice Muffins are for your chilli evenings to curl up with your cup of hot chai. These have the perfect moist sponge and the aromatic comforting spices to cozy up your day!
Here’s how to make them! Also I have given a very easy and quick recipe to make the easiest possible pumpkin puree for this cake, because where I live it’s not available! So here’s how to make it!
You may also like: Strawberry Muffins With Cream Cheese Glaze
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (see footnote)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 TSP baking Powder
- 1/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP cinnamon powder
- 1/2 TSP ginger powder
- 1/2 TSP nutmeg
- 3/4 TSP garam masala
- 3/4 TSP cloves
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar to sprinkle at the top
- Whisk eggs and sugar until combined
- Add oil and butter and mix till combined
- Add pumpkin puree, buttermilk and whisk till combined
- Add the rest of the ingredients and fold till no streaks of dry ingredients is seen
- Pour in your muffin tins and sprinkle granulated sugar on the top
- Bake in a preheated oven@180c for 15-18 mins or until golden at the top
- Unmould and enjoy!
- To make Pumpkin Puree, just split your pumpkins into half, along its middle, cutting through the stem.
- Now, scoop out the seeds from the centre using a spoon.
- Once it’s all clean in the centre, rub about 2 pinches of salt, on the flesh of the pumpkin.
- Once you rib salt on the whole visible flesh of the pumpkin, put these halves, upside down (flesh side facing down) on a baking tray lined woth parchment paper.
- Bake these for 45-50 mins in a preheated oven @ 200 C or until the flesh starts getting soft and separates from the skin.
- Turn off the oven, and let these cool to room temperature.
- Once all cooked down, you scoop the flesh out easily using a spoon, put the flesh in a food processor and process it till it’s smooth.
- Your pumpkin puree is ready to use! Or refrigerated (upto 4-5 days) or freeze (upto a month) for later use!!