Baked Crispy Chicken
Don’t we all just love Crispy Chicken? It’s sure my weakness! This Crispy Chicken is juicy and flavorful! And I know its believed to be almost impossible to achieve that level of crispiness without the tons of oil we deep fry it in!! Well, this is recipe is going to change that forever! I have actually tried baking chicken so many different ways, and my only aim being- to work on the crispness! So, guys, this is a perfect tried and tested recipe, its easy and if you follow it correctly, you can make them every single day without worrying about calories!!
Please do not that for this recipe to work properly, you’re gonna have to bake it in the wire rack of your oven, Click here to see, that way the chicken will remain crisp and not get soggy! So here is the recipe!
You may also like: 14 New Ways to Eat Chicken
Ingredients of Baked Crispy Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (milk+1 tsp vinegar)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds powdered
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup oats
- Salt, pepper, red chilli flakes to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp onion powder (if you don’t have onion powder you can add 1 tbsp onion paste in the marinade)
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- Oil for greasing
- Marinate the chicken in the all the ingredients for at least 2 hours, best overnight
- Take all the ingredients needed for coating in a bowl and crush and mix using hands
- Take the chicken breast and let the excess marinade drip off
- Dredge in the cornflakes mix till nicely and evenly coated from all the sides
- Grease oil on an oven wire rack
- Place the pieces on the rack and bake these @220c for 25 mins or until golden and tender (check by inserting a knife into the thickest part of the chicken piece)
- Serve with your favourite dip!