These muffins are super easy and healthy and tasty! Made with oatmeal and olive oil, they are supermoist because of addition of buttermilk and the chicken and veggies make them really filling! Plus all packed in a muffin! The perfect breakfast on the go for your super busy mornings!! Here is how its made!
This recipe makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup ground oats
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Salt to taste ( keep it a bit on d lower side because olive oil has its own tart flavor)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Filling of your choice, I used peppers onions, boiled shredded chicken, corn and carrots.
- Mix the dry (oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt) and the wet ingredients(eggs, buttermilk, oil, eggs) separately
- Fold in d wet into dry ones
Add the chicken and veggies and mix till evenly distributed in the batter
- Scoop them out in muffin tins
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 mins at 170 C
- let cool for 5 mins before serving
Serve them with yogurt dressing/ hummus/ tahini etc.